I’ve been wanting to make Irish Soda Bread for a while. Today was St. Patrick’s Day. Guess what I made!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a round cake pan.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients. Add buttermilk and stir until it forms a sticky dough.
- Place on a floured surface and lightly knead.
- Shape into a round flat shape in a round cake pan and cut a cross in the top of the dough.
- Cover the pan with another pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- The bottom of the bread will have a hollow sound when tapped so show it is done.
- Cover the bread in a tea towel and lightly sprinkle water on the cloth to keep the bread moist.
And it really is that simple. Just four ingredients. And it wasn’t too plain at all. Butter a piece and enjoy with your favorite lamb stew!