SWEET, SPICY, AND SMOKEY CHICKEN WINGS
Wooden skewers, pre-soaked
Grill, set up for indirect cooking
Hickory Chips, pre-soaked
- Rub the wings with the BBQ rub and let sit in refrigerator for a few hours.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Add skewers through the chicken wings so they lay straight and can cook evenly.
- Place wood chips in the smoker box. When grill is hot, place box over fire to one side of the grill.
- When the wood chips start to smoke, add chicken wings to the side of the grill that is set up for indirect cooking.
- Let wings cook for about an hour or until cooked through. Check on the periodically to make sure they aren’t catching on fire and burning up.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking, add BBQ sauce to wings.
- Remove from grill, set them down on a table, and move out of the way and watch them disappear. You might want to grab some for yourself since you’ve done all the work!
These wings were the easiest to make ever. All I did was rub them with my BBQ rub and let them sit in the refrigerator for a few hours. I then put them on the grill and finished them off with my BBQ sauce. Best BBQ wings I’ve had to date! They were so good that my wife ate them cold when she got home from work. And that is saying A LOT!