As I was browsing other peoples food blogs, I came across this recipe at LickMySpoon. Just
seeing the title of the recipe and I knew that I had try to it. Please visit the original link here. There is much more information and description about this dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200 F.
- Squeeze all water from the defrosted spinach. Melt the butter in the microwave, about 30 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the spinach, melted butter, grated cheese, the beaten egg, milk, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well, forming a thick batter.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form soft peaks. Fold it into the batter.
- Place a frying pan over medium high heat and add enough oil to coat the surface. Ladle the batter into the hot pan, spreading the batter out. Give yourself enough room in the pan to flip the pancakes.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the pancakes are golden on the bottom. They will puff up and small air bubbles will form on the surface when they are ready to be flipped. Flip the pancakes over and cook for about another 2 minutes until the other side is golden.
- Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm while you finish the remaining batches. Serve with the Tomato Cream Sauce spooned on top.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Blend together all the ingredients using food processor or blender. (The cream may look a little chunky, it\’s ok).
- Transfer to a saucepan and warm through over low-to-moderate heat. If you had chunky-ish cream before, it should melt smoothly, leaving you with a creamy smooth sauce.
Again, thanks to LickMySpoon for letting me share this recipe. Please visit her site because there are more amazing dishes and photographs to be viewed!