This recipe came from eMeals.com and is part of the Paleo dinner plan. Check out more recipes like this one here.
Slow Cooker Pork with Five Spice Blend
Total 7h 15m
5 tablespoons coconut amino soy-free sauce
1½ tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 lb boneless pork loin roast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Combine soy-free sauce, tomato paste, five spice blend, orange juice, ginger, sesame oil, vinegar and garlic in a bowl.
- Spread mixture evenly all over pork roast, and transfer to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low 7 hours or until roast is tender.
Napa Cabbage-Carrot Salad
1 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
2 large carrots, shredded
1 cup chopped green onions
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Combine cabbage, carrots and onion in a bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, sesame oil, vinegar, garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.