This recipe came from eMeals.com and is part of the Paleo dinner plan. Check out more recipes like this one here.
Pecan Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
1 large egg yolk*
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 heirloom tomato, chopped
½ cup chopped pecans
1 head Bibb or butter lettuce, leaves separated
- Mix egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, garlic salt and cayenne pepper with a handheld immersion blender in a bowl; slowly add oil while blending to a mayonnaise consistency.
- Add chopped chicken, tomato and nuts; mix well to coat.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce leaves; roll up.
Note: *As an alternative, look for a carton of pasteurized eggs in the grocery store, and use 1 pasteurized egg in this homemade Paleo mayo recipe above.
Pineapple, Peach and Mango Salad
3 cups cubed pineapple
2 ripe peaches, peeled and finely chopped
1 large ripe mango, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Combine pineapple, peaches, mango, orange juice and mint in a large bowl. Toss well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.