Sea Cuisine® Offers Simple and Delicious Entrées During National Seafood Month
Sea Cuisine Teams Up with Top Chef’s Stefan Richter to Showcase Easy and Convenient Ways Seafood Lovers Across The Country Can Enjoy Seafood at Home
October is National Seafood Month, a time for seafood aficionados to indulge in their favorite seafood dishes. Sea Cuisine offers a convenient way to enjoy seafood at home, with more than 14 varieties featuring Gourmet Crusted, Lightly Seasoned, Fire Roasted and Pub Classic lines, inspired by some of the best seafood dishes around the world. All dishes are expertly seasoned, no-fuss preparations and ready to be simply finished at home.
Sea Cuisine partnered with acclaimed chef Stefan Richter, culinary expert and popular two-time contestant on Bravo’s Award Winning Top Chef. Stefan teamed up with Sea Cuisine to share his love of seafood with inspired recipes using Sea Cuisine products. To offer consumers variety during National Seafood Month and in their weekly meal planning, Stefan created flavorful recipes from his own inspirations using his favorite Sea Cuisine dishes.
“We’re thrilled with the inspired recipes that the talented Stefan has created with our products,” said Chris Trosin, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, High Liner Foods (USA). “Stefan brings a unique presence and appeal to Sea Cuisine by leveraging his exceptional culinary expertise and developing exclusive seafood recipes for our line of seafood. Stefan is inspired by the world and so is Sea Cuisine, so naturally we work very well together.”
Stefan has created sensational recipes by instilling his worldly perspective into these dishes that individuals can easily prepare in the comfort of their own home during National Seafood Month and beyond.
“I’m happy to have partnered with Sea Cuisine, I love seafood and Sea Cuisine is making it easier for consumers to prepare and enjoy great tasting seafood right at home,” said Stefan Richter. “As a chef working 16 hours a day, it is great to know I can come home after a long day and cook any one of my favorite Sea Cuisine products, and, with a few simple ingredients from my pantry have a quick and delicious seafood meal in minutes.”
Using products like Sea Cuisine’s Potato Crusted Cod and Tortilla Crusted Tilapia, Stefan developed a Potato Crusted Cod over Ragout and a California-style fish taco that can be easily recreated at home any night of the week. To find these recipes and more, visit www.seacuisine.com.
Find out what inspires Stefan to cook by checking out these videos, Finding Inspiration with Sea Cuisine Featuring Chef Stefan Richer and Bring the Love of Seafood Home with Sea Cuisine Featuring Chef Stefan Richter.
To discover a world of seafood, visit www.seacuisine.com/products for a complete list of Sea Cuisine offerings.
Home cooks can visit www.theseafoodspot.com – a destination for all things seafood – to search nearly 1,000 recipes by type of fish or cuisines like Asian, Caribbean, and Creole. The website also includes tips and techniques for cooking, along with articles and photos from popular seafood spots like the Mediterranean and Mexico, which are available to consumers looking for inspiration in the kitchen.
Sea Cuisine is available at local grocers and many favorite warehouse or club stores. Visit www.theseafoodspot.com to find out where to buy Sea Cuisine products, download a coupon for $1.00 off any Sea Cuisine product and enter to win a dinner for two with Stefan at his restaurant LA Farm in Santa Monica. For additional seafood inspiration, follow Sea Cuisine on Pinterest.com/SeaCuisine, and connect at Facebook.com/SeaCuisineMeals and Twitter.com/SeaCuisine.
Sea Cuisine products can be found locally at Target and Kroger.
California-style Fish Taco
4 Sea Cuisine® Tortilla Crusted Tilapia fillets
4 soft flour tortillas
4 slices of pepper jack cheese
1 avocado sliced thin
4 tbsp. sour cream
1 jalapeño pepper sliced thin
For the Spicy Aioli
1 cup mayonnaise
6 tbsp. Chipotle Tabasco
6 tsp. Chopped Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place fillets in a lightly oiled baking dish and bake for about 28 to 32 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for five minutes.
- To assemble the tacos: First place one slice of Pepper Jack Cheese on the tortilla and melt in microwave for 10 seconds. Cut the fish into bite size pieces and divide each fillet evenly amongst the flour tortillas. Place sliced avocado across fish.
- For the spicy aioli to put on top of the taco: In a bowl add mayonnaise, chipotle Tabasco, chopped cilantro, and juice from fresh squeezed lime. Mix well until smooth and spread on top of fish.
- Finish off the taco with sliced jalapeño pepper and a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
Stefan’s Potato Crusted Cod Over Ragout
4 Sea Cuisine® Potato Crusted Cod Fillets
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup diced Yukon Gold potatoes
1 cup diced corn
2 tbsp. green onions
2 tbsp. chives
1 cup clam juice
½ cup white wine
1 cup heavy cream
10 thyme leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place Potato Crusted Cod fillets in the oven and bake for 32–35 minutes. Heat two tbsp. of olive oil in skillet on low heat. Add in potatoes, corn, green onions, and chives and let simmer for two minutes. Add in clam juice, white wine, and heavy cream,; let simmer for two minutes.
- Serve ragout on a plate; top with Potato Crusted Cod fillet and thyme for garnish.