Welcome to another chicken wings Monday! If you are new to this part of the web, let me introduce you to our chicken wing Monday’s. There is a little tradition in this house and you guessed it, every Monday night, we have chicken wings. Chicken is our favourite protein, so it was easy to come up with the idea of sharing recipes for this iconic finger food!
Every week, I share a different chicken wing recipe, and yes, there are a lot of ways to prepare them and I don’t think I will run out of ideas soon. I revisit some classics and create new ones. I invite you, to join us, in this little tradition and don’t hesitate to share pictures with us on instagram using #chickenwingmondays.
This week I’ve used one of my favourite flavours, lemon! Lemon pepper chicken wings are easy to make with very little ingredients. Flour, garlic, lemon and of course lemon pepper. These are a perfect summer time food! They are great with your favourite green salad, rice salad or pasta salad. Also awesome with some good old corn on the cobb!
- 20 pieces of chicken wings (10 wings cut at the joint and tips removed)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain excess lemon juice from bag and add the flour and lemon pepper.
- Shake to coat all wings.
- Place wings on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add freshly ground black pepper to every wing.
- Cook the wings in a preheated oven at 400F for 45 minutes turning them mid-way
Don’t let the simplicity of these gorgeous wings fool you! You will be absolutely thrilled with the fresh lemon and peppery taste explosion. Crispy and fun to eat, enjoy the rest of your summer with our chicken wing Monday’s.