This recipe came from eMeals.com and is part of the Paleo dinner plan. Check out more recipes like this one here.
Italian-Seasoned Turkey Zucchini Boats
1½ lb lean ground turkey
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup almond flour
¼ cup tomato paste
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
6 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey, onion and garlic to skillet; cook 7 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to crumble.
- Transfer turkey mixture to a bowl; mix in almond flour, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Scoop pulp out of zucchini halves, and discard. Stuff turkey mixture evenly into zucchini shells.
- Place zucchini shells on a baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
4 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
4 ripe peaches, sliced
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (or use avocado oil)
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine tomatoes, peaches and basil in a large bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over tomato salad; toss to coat.