After trying my Alfredo sauce, my wife wanted me to make a salad dressing that tasted like Olive Garden’s. I did some searching and found a pretty easy looking recipe. I went for it. I also made homemade fettuccine noodles and the Alfredo sauce again. I didn’t make bread sticks but, I did make my garlic bread. We set up some candles and had a glass of wine to make an enjoyable, romantic dinner. Here is what went down:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoon corn syrup
2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon Romano cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Put everything in a blender and blend until well mixed. This tastes much better after sitting in the fridge overnight. Don’t be disappointed with the white color of the dressing.
- Serve with lettuce and your favorite veggies. I had onions, tomatoes, and banana peppers. And croutons and Parmesan.
- Combine flour and salt. Add beaten egg, water, and oil. Mix to make a stiff dough. Knead for 10 minutes or until dough is elastic. Wrap dough in towel and let rest 20 minutes.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out to desired thickness and cut or use a pasta roller.
- Add to large pot of boiling water and cook until tender, just a few mintues.
- Drain and mix with Alfredo Sauce. Top with grilled chicken. Serve with Garlic Bread.
Yummy yummy in my tummy! This was a lot cheaper and fresher than going out.