I love Christmas!
It’s my favorite holiday of the year!
Especially when it comes to Christmas treats – I just love them all!
The funny thing is that, when I think about it better, this Christmas eat fest that’s happening every time holiday’s are about to come, freaks me out a little bit.
Starting from pies, cookies, fudges, puddings, cakes, sweets and many many different kinds of peppermint inspired desserts and treats, Christmas is well known as the sugary load of the year.
And what if you want to stay healthy during the holidays?!
Well that’s one mission impossible, right?
And that’s where I turn the mixer on!
Since I run a health and fitness blog myself, called Fit Girl’s Diary, I couldn’t help myself but try to fight for a healthier Christmas this year.
I decided to take my chance and make a festive inspired dessert that tastes, looks and feels like Christmas!
And it turned out great!
It tastes so delicious and creamy and at the same time is a real nutrition bomb!
- sugar free
- nut free
- gluten free
- dairy free
This amazing Christmas dessert, wrapped as a Christmas present is both vegetarian and Paleo – it’s not vegan dough, because it contains eggs and a tablespoon of honey.
It’s nutrition targets are amazing – contains 41 grams of protein, a lot of fibers and loads of iron, by having 509 Calorie overall.
Enough talking, let’s head on to the recipe!
- 1 large banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour (¼ cup)
- 4 tablespoons blended raspberries (¼ cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons protein powder
- 1 tablespoon honey (organic, raw, unprocessed)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- ½ tablespoon water
- Blend the raspberries nicely until they turn into a puree.
- Add the banana, egg, egg whites, coconut flour and the olive oil into the blender too, and blend for 1 minute.
- The mixture should be thick but pourable.
- Heat a pan on medium temperature and start making the pancakes.
- When they start getting bubbles – you should flip them.
- The smaller the pancakes the easier to flip.
- Separate the coconut milk from the coconut water, and pour the milk in a mixing bowl.
- Start mixing on medium speed and after a minute start adding the protein powder.
- Mix until you get smooth and creamy mixture.
- Crease the whipped cream onto each pancake, arranging them one on top of the other.
- Mix the cocoa, honey and water in a small bowl with a tablespoon until you get homogeneous mixture.
- Splash the dressing over your pancakes and add a tablespoon of whipped cream in the middle.
- You can pour a few tablespoons of the blended fresh raspberry, if you have any left.
I hope you like my Christmas recipe!
Also, if you have leftovers, check out my Healthy Christmas Smoothie Recipe to make a delicious raspberry – coconut whipped cream smoothie.
And don’t forget to share!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!