I have referenced this recipe in a couple past posts. Now is the time to go ahead and post it. I made spaghetti the way that my mom used to make it last night. I couldn’t make that without making the garlic bread as well. This is a very simple recipe. Please use caution if you decide to make this bread because you probably won’t want to make it any other way in the future!
1 loaf french or Italian bread
Spreadable butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut bread in half, lengthwise. Spread inside generously with butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over butter, to your liking. I use quite a bit.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, also to your liking.
- Lightly dust with oregano. Fold bread back together.
- Wrap in aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Slice into serving size pieces and enjoy!
Great and flavorful garlic bread is really as easy as that!