These cute little pancakes are ready in only 20 minutes. Your kids will love them at first sight because they are so fluffy and tiny. Even the smallest ones will be able to enjoy them because they simply melt in the mouth. And the best part is because they are so cute ou can experiment with some healthy ingredients in them for a healthy breakfast for your little devils. This is exactly what I have done with my kids when they were young. I always put some carrots or spinach in the pancakes, and they would look awesome (green for example). Also, they taste so good so your kids wouldn’t mind the spinach.
To make them small enough, pour only a tablespoon of the batter for one pancake onto the pan. Serve them as breakfast or snack with any topping you like.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For serving: butter and honey or maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until just combined, slightly lumpy.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Grease it lightly with butter.
- Pour a tablespoon of batter into the warm pan.
- Cook until the surface bubbles up or about 2 minutes.
- Turn the pancake and cook for another minute until light brown.
- Serve them warm with butter and honey or maple syrup on top.