Since having moved, I hadn’t used my wok in the new place. I bought the wok for about five dollars at a thrift store. I had to put a little bit of tender, loving care into getting it back into a good condition to use without worrying. It has paid off greatly! I had a dream that I was using it the night before and that just got me going. I went to the local grocery store and found some beef that was already cut into strips for a cheap price.
- 12 oz beef strips
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 package frozen vegetable stir fry mix
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 2 tbls wok oil(vegetable oil will work too)
- 1 tbls soy sauce
- 2 tbls water
- 1 tbls corn starch
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups cold water
- •Add rice and 2 cups cold water into medium saucepan. Heat until starting to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- •Season beef strips with garlic salt.
- •Mix together the cornstarch, water, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- •Heat wok over high heat. Add half of the wok oil(or vegetable oil). Add beef and cook until browned. This will not take long. Remove beef from wok.
- •Add the other half of oil to wok. Add the vegetable mix and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add beef to vegetables.
- •Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until hot and thick.
- •Serve over rice.
The best thing about stir fry is that it is quick to cook. The possibilities are pretty much endless. When I originally planned to make some stir fry, I thought I had some other sauces. Turns out they didn’t survive the move. Oh well this turned out pretty well. There were no leftovers!