This recipe came from “Top 100 Baby Purees” by Annabel Karmel. This book contains a lot of great recipes for baby food. I’ve made a lot of these for my first daughter as well.
Baby Food Puree – Pasta with butternut squash, tomato, and cheese
1 small butternut squash (8 ounces), chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons tiny pasta stars
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons milk
- Steam or boil the butternut squash for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta stars according to the instructions on the package, but with adding salt to the water.
- Melt the butter in a smalls saucepan and sauce the tomatoes until mushy, then stir in the cheese until melted.
- Blend the cooked butternut squash and tomato and cheese mixture together using a handheld electric blender.
- Stir in the pasta stars and milk.
- After cooling, this baby food can be frozen in ice cube trays, then stored in freezer bags for easy reheating.
*Butternut squash is very popular with young babies because of its smooth texture and naturally sweet taste.