This recipe came from eMeals.com and is part of the Paleo dinner plan. Check out more recipes like this one here.
Apple-and Mushroom- Smothered Pork Chops
6 thick-cut bone-in pork loin chops
2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 Granny Smith apples, sliced
1 (16-oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 red onion, sliced
2 cups organic chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Sprinkle pork chops with Greek seasoning and salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove from skillet. Arrange pork chops in a baking dish rubbed with coconut oil; top with apples, mushrooms and onion.
- Add broth, and cover with foil.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until pork chops are done.
Cucumber, Basil and Arugula Salad
1 (10-oz) bag baby arugula
2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Combine arugula, cucumbers and basil in a serving bowl.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic salt and lemon pepper in a bowl.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over arugula salad; toss to coat.